ELITE DEFENCE ACADEMY INTERNATIONAL is South Africa’s largest and fastest-growing international self defense training organization, with certified Krav Maga Instructors countrywide, as well as in Namibia, Kenya, the US, the UK, and Malaysia, in addition to independent affiliates in several other countries.
Our Online Krav Maga Program also serves students in more than 14 countries around the globe.
Our unique evolutionary approach to common sense self defense has made Elite Defence Academy Krav Maga one of the world’s fastest-growing systems of personal combat – and one of the most imitated, with good reason.
What Makes Our Krav Maga System So Different?
There are many self defense organisations and trainers out there, and finding the right one to suit your needs can be a minefield of uncertainty if you’re looking for smart, practical training that will actually save your life in a crisis.
To train with us, or simply see what we do, you don’t have to be in shape, be fit, have any experience, or be particularly vicious. You can start exactly as you are, because although we teach incredibly effective self defense, our training is conducted in a safe, responsible manner – and the learning process is a huge amount of fun.
We understand that learning a new skill is best done at a pace that enables you to progress optimally, in the right headspace, with a high degree of realistic self-confidence.
Our approach to training Krav Maga is honest and simple. We’re not bound by politics, tradition, or the dictates of others. What we teach works, and anyone can learn it.
Over the past 15 years, we’ve taught Krav Maga to more than 10,000 students.
We’ve instructed military units, law enforcement teams, executive security details, close protection personnel – and thousands of (extra)ordinary men and women who’ve used our system of Krav Maga to protect themselves, their families, and loved ones.
Despite being affiliated in the past to an extremely reputable Israel-based global Krav Maga organization, we’ve been proudly independent for more than half a decade, and in the process we’ve carved out a reputation for teaching a highly effective, unique, no-nonsense, fast-evolving system of Krav Maga that is both incredibly powerful and at the same time user-friendly.
Because our system is rooted in reality – and forged in the crucible of the streets of South Africa, one of the most violent countries in the world – we don’t teach a single thing that hasn’t been proven to work. And by “proven to work”, we’re not talking about a cute “pressure test” wearing padding in a gym, but rather literal life-and-death situations that have actually happened, and where our system has proven itself over and over in the face of often astonishing odds.
Elite Defence Academy International is an entirely independent South African-based and internationally growing Krav Maga and combatives training group. Although we have received training and ranking from several highly ranked Israeli Krav Maga authorities in the past, as well as several other respected combatives and martial arts instructors worldwide, our emphasis is on what works in the relevant urban context right now. That means quite a bit:
• You get absolute peace of mind, knowing that you’re getting the very best professional training in the world – effective, safe, and no-nonsense. We’re not constricted by tradition or a misplaced sense of loyalty, and do not simply do things because some or other “grandmaster” did them seventy years ago (or is necessarily doing them today in Israel or any other part of the world). As crime and violence evolves, so do our techniques, in the most effective, realistic and practical ways possible.
• With years of of practical, on-the-ground Krav Maga experience and expertise, we have unique insight into the challenges and threats faced by ordinary men and women on a daily basis in suburbia. These are very different to the challenges faced by people living in war zones – for example, you may be concerned about home invasions, muggings, a rape epidemic, and carjackings as opposed to dealing with homemade rockets and suicide bombers blowing themselves up. So, we’re very careful about relying on one-dimensional “expert” advice from people who don’t embrace a balanced view and analysis of what actually happens on the ground in your particular context or country. We understand that limited thinking could very well cost people their lives.
• We embrace the true spirit of Krav Maga – a spirit of learning, refining, and evolving. The moment anyone falls into the trap of becoming singlemindedly dependent on a single “system”, or only one “right way” to apply practical self defense, they stagnate, and lose the capacity to learn and improve. That’s why we’ll never stop learning and growing!
• We adhere to strict standards of protocol, training standards, and professionalism. All of our instructors are highly skilled and constantly undergo advanced training themselves.
Ask these questions:
If you’re considering receiving training from anyone, first ask these questions:
- Are they reputable? We are. With fifteen years of success behind us, we’ve built a solid reputation for teaching one of the best “no-nonsense” systems of practical self defense – not just in South Africa with its incredibly violent society, but around the world.
- Are they restricted by the dictates of a single person or organization who tells them what they may or may not teach? (Regardless of how unrealistic this may be!)
- Do they claim to teach the only “authentic” brand / style / lineage of Krav Maga? We don’t make silly and unfounded claims, or market ourselves under false pretenses.
- Do they try to impress you with how “tough” or “macho” they are? This is generally an indicator of insecurity, or the inability to teach properly.
- Do they teach you about the legal framework of what constitutes lawful self defense? Because if they have a ‘kill now, ask questions later’ philosophy, based on aggression and ignorance, prepare yourself for the possibility of expensive attorneys and jail time somewhere down the line.
- Are they family friendly? We are. We are also one the fastest growing, most talked about and most imitated Krav Maga training groups in the world.
Change Your Life. Today.
We’re passionate about Krav Maga and common sense self defense, but more so – we’re passionate about empowering you by giving you the tools to live life on your terms.
No matter what your age, fitness level, experience, or ability, you’ll find that our approach to personal self defense is unique and powerful – and you can use it right away.
If you can get to one of our clubs or training venues, we’d love to welcome you.
And if you can’t, you can easily and instantly sign up for our Online Krav Maga Program – where you can learn step-by-step practical Krav Maga wherever you are.
Take a look at our KIDS ACADEMY program!