In the short promotional clip below, you’ll see an example of a video ad that is designed to:
- Be short and to the point
- Appeal to a specific audience
- Induce an emotion in the viewer through pacing, music, glimpses of techniques, and speed / purpose of execution
- Arouse anticipation for a product that is going to be offered for sale
- Arouse a sense of aspiration – “I wish I could do that” or “I wish I could be part of this”
- Present EDA in a light that is positive and empowering
Not all promotional video clips you create need to follow this pattern, of course – you are free to create clips in tune with your own club’s persona or “vibe” – but take note of the elements you see here, and compare them to the guidelines contained in the Brand Standards & Marketing Guide.